WHAT IS AFFILIATE MARKETING
Affiliate marketing is a business model in which a company rewards partners (called
affiliates) for generating traffic or sales to its website or products.
In other words, affiliates promote the company’s products or services on their own
platforms (websites, social networks, blogs, etc.) and receive a commission for every
sale or share generated thanks to their promotional efforts.
It’s a form of performance-based marketing, where affiliates only earn money when
concrete results are achieved.
Remuneration can take several forms:
- Commissions for sales made
- Commissions for clicks generated
- Commissions for registrations made
Affiliate marketing has its advantages:
Here are a few examples:
- A multiple choice of products, i.e. customers can promote physical or digital
products, there are different types of advertisers who will propose offers that
will correspond to our target.
- In order to promote these products, we can use several types of distribution
channels such as our website, newsletters, social networks and
word of mouth
- Receive an attractive commission for companies, affiliation is the possibility of
receiving attractive commissions on each transaction carried out through an
affiliate link through an affiliate link.
- Facing up to your competitors, i.e. there are many affiliates promoting the
same items as you, which can make competition difficult.
But good marketing and market analysis can have a positive impact on the
- Having to adapt to a target, promoting a product also means knowing how to
adapt your product to your clientele, which can sometimes be difficult.